The South African government has gazetted a list of Strategic Integrated Projects (SIPs) on 24 July 2020.
The programmes and projects covered per the gazette include water and sanitation (11), energy (3), transport (15), digital infrastructure (1), agriculture and agro-processing (2), human settlements (18), rural bridges (“Welisizwe” programme), rural roads upgrade programme, solar water programme, and various others.
These reportedly have a value of R340bn, with roughly 50 strategic infrastructure projects and 12 special projects, and a reported potential to create 290000 jobs.
Reportedly, “of the R340-billion price tag, just R1.7-billion will come from the fiscus, while the balance has been secured from private-sector banks and development finance organisations. The necessary sovereign guarantees and approvals for increased borrowing have been secured, and funding has been agreed with private-sector banks and development organisations…”
At Engenamic, we are well-versed in both the conventional and PPP project spaces. Through our strategic advisory and development as well as ‘troubleshooting & fixing‘ services, we advocate broad-based viability, sustainability, resilience and dispute-avoidance approaches. Learn more about our service offering and value proposition, our approach and our application areas/sectors.
Importantly, at Engenamic we understand the detail and the ‘big picture’ – technical and non-technical – and how a holistic and coherent approach across all of these aspects is key to engineering, operations and project success – particularly in ‘complex’ scenarios.
Our value proposition and key enabling attributes at Engenamic include:
- Our independence and objectivity. We are able to provide independent and unconflicted views and inputs, and hence facilitate, support and enable engagement, processes and outcomes.
- Our broad-based competencies and our general approach to assignments, and our ability to understand and integrate the ‘big picture’ scenario (technically and non-technically.
- We are accustomed to highly pressured situations, including where ‘the stakes are heavy’ and also where high integrity and resilience is required, such as in our forensic work.
- We are experienced in conflict, adversarial and dispute resolution situations, and in remedial situations.
- We are able to supplement and complement our expertise and capabilities through our virtual teams to address particular assignment needs.
- We are able to complement and supplement clients’ own internal (and external) teams and resources and capacities.
Reference:  Daily Maverick, 28 July 2020